Hello Suffolk Friends,
The Hope for Suffolk internship starts on March 2nd! It's an 8 month paid internship that includes life-skills training for which students receive community service hours.
Here's what our 2021 Interns had to say about the program:
- "My biggest takeaway is that there are still so many good people in the world. Some days I would feel so discouraged but Hope for Suffolk quite literally always gave me hope."
- "Hope For Suffolk taught me how to work hard even when I didn't want to cause it was raining or it was 98 degrees outside. And alongside teaching me to work hard, HFS gave me a community where I knew I would go and learn something. I know that anyone at HFS, whether a supervisor, an ally, or a coworker, would help me."
- "My experience at Hope for Suffolk was such a great opportunity. I enjoyed creating new bonds and learning different things about nature & life lessons. I would highly recommend others to join HFS, it definitely took me out of my comfort zone and I love it."
- "I loved my allies and they always talked with us about real-world topics and as equals."
- "Though it was a little more difficult at times than initially expected, I'm glad I got the chance to learn and experience everything I did this season."
- "It was nothing like I expected, a lot harder than I thought it would be but I enjoyed it greatly."