Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the HCV waiting list currently open?
At this time the HCV waiting list is currently closed.
2. When will the waiting list open?
The HCV waiting list will open on the following days, October 13, 14 and 15th 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
3. Can you mail me an application when the waiting list opens?
This will be an online event only which means applications will be submitted through the web application portal at suffolkrha.org
4. Can I complete application on my phone?
SRHA's website is interactive, meaning you can use it on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone.
5. Do I need to live in Suffolk to apply?
No you do not have to live in Suffolk to apply for a housing choice voucher
6. How do I know application has been received?
You will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application within 24 hours, but you must have a valid email on record.
7. Do I have to submit any documents with my application?
Applicants will be contacted approximately 60 days from receipt of their application to submit items necessary for eligibility (birth certificates, SSN, picture ID, proof of income)
8. How can I submit required documents to process application?
You can submit documents by mailing, drop off or on the web documents portal.
9. How do I register for the SRHA web portal?To register for the web portal Register Here and follow the instructions
10. Where is my application on the waiting list?
Applications are placed on the waiting list in the date and time order they are received.
11. What kind of things can I do on the web portal?Check on application statusUpload documentsUpdate contact information