HOW DOES THE FSS PROGRAM WORK
- SRHA operates the Family Self-Sufficiency Program each year. Public Housing residents and HCV participants are eligible to participate in the program.
- The head of household must sign a 5 year Contract of Participation (CoP).
- The head of household and the case manager sign a contract that states the family’s goals and the steps they will take to achieve them.
- By agreeing to participate in the FSS Program and signing the contract; services such as employment search assistance, training, education and personal counseling will be made available to you in your specially designed Individual Service Plan.
- The case manager then links the family to the appropriate supportive services and the families progress is monitored.